AP Images now distribute Fotolia images
April 26, 2012 - We're very excited to announce that as of today, APImages will be giving customers access to millions of royalty-free Fotolia images.
The collaboration between AP and Fotolia makes this an industry first in one-stop-shop for all imagery needs.
"We're excited to be part of yet another industry first by opening up a new market for our 126,000-plus artists", said Oleg Tscheltzoff, co-founder and CEO of Fotolia. "We believe this is just the first step in a strategic alliance that will allow both of us to continue our industry-leading innovations, grow our companies and benefit our customers."
Fotolia acquires crowd sourcing design community Wilogo.com
March 15, 2012 - We now offer a new way for designers and clients to stay connected.
Fotolia announces the acquisition of Wilogo.com, a leading crowdsourcing design community. Since its inception in 2006, Wilogo has been connecting businesses and designers from all over the world. Wilogo.com is available in 4 languages, and has produced hundreds of thousands of logos for its clients. Wilogo's community also has designers with skills in print, web, and packaging design, fulfilling businesses with the entire range of their marketing and communications needs.
For a fee of just $295, Wilogo clients post their design specifications to thousands of designers. Just days later, hundreds of custom designed logos are shown. After selecting the top choices, final logos are modified and presented with complete international usage rights. Wilogo's service is backed by a 100% money-back guarantee.
Fotolia Delivers Industry-First Plugin for Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
February 21, 2012 - The Adobe plugin allows you to browse, manage and incorporate Fotolia images inside any Adobe CS5 or CS6 application.
Say hello to efficiency and goodbye to screen toggling. Whether your favorite program is InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator, get instant access to over 16 million stock images and vectors directly within the application. Your workflow will increase more than ever with time-saving features like light-boxes, galleries and spec tracking. You can even insert comps and automatically update them into high-res versions. Need we say more?
Download the plugin: www.fotolia.com/adobeplugin
deviantART collection now available exclusively at Fotolia
January 12, 2012 - Fotolia and deviantART(dA) partner up to deliver a stunning collection, containing the finest photographs from dA's community of artists.
- The collection includes close to 3,000 images and features a wide variety of categories, courtesy of fine art photographers, representing over fifty countries around the globe.
- All images in the collection were curated by a group of professional image editors.
- dA is the world's largest online community for artists and art enthusiasts.
- The collection is available exclusively at Fotolia
- View and download images from the deviantART collection at www.fotolia.com/dacollection
Fotolia presents the TEN Collection
December 9, 2012 - Fotolia launches its first educational outreach campaign, promoting digital art to the design community.
- Ten Collection involves 10 artists, 10 themes, 10 months, 10 PSD.
- Each month for 10 months, one digital artist shows unique method and know-how, created from images available on Fotolia, in a PSD layer files.
- A FREE PSD download is available on the day of the release, for 24 hours.
- This is a rare in-depth and information sharing opportunity for the public to look into the techniques of a top digital artist.
- All insight to materials, elements and special tools use for each creation is revealed.
- A full breakdown of how each graphic component plays a part in the final image is explained.
- Watch a "get-to-know" interview with each featured artist.
- The artists selected for this project have worked at top agencies, major worldwide brands, cultural events, and in the film and arts arena.
- Follow along at www.fotolia.com/ten
- Fotolia offers the largest image bank of free and most affordable royalty free photos and illustrations perfect for any medium, web or print.
- So far, there are over 17 million images, vectors and HD videos available at Fotolia.
- There are over 3,250,000 Fotolia members around the world.
- It was started by Oleg Tscheltzoff, Patrick Chassany and Thibaud Elziere in November 2005.
- 275,000 video clips in .mov, .avi, .wmv and flv formats.
- Fotolia also displays images from the most well known agencies in the world. Those exceptional images are available in the Infinite Collection.
- With the introduction of the Infinite Collection, Fotolia became the first worldwide microstock organization to offer both crowd-sourced and professional images on one site.
- Fotolia spans the globe with websites in 12 languages and offices in 15 countries.
- Free photos and vectors are offered daily to Facebook fans.
- Fotolia's headquarters are in New York city and offices in Seattle, Washington and Paris, France.
- Fotolia was the first stock site to create an Adobe Extension which allows you to search, save, download and even instantly update from free comp images to high res photos in Creative Suite 5.5 or 6.
- Fotolia Plug-In instantly adds high-resolution photos, videos and illustrations to your Microsoft Office PowerPoint or Word documents.
- Fotolia Desktop Widget is the new way to search for stock images, vector and videos on your desktop with slick and intuitive drag and drop interface.
- More information can be found at www.fotolia.com or Wikipedia
- All images offered on Fotolia are Royalty free, they can be used for all kinds of professional documents with no limit on time or copies:
- Creation of advertising media
- Creation of professional documents
- Illustration of press articles
- Illustration of websites, blogs, newsletters, web banners...
- Illustration multimedia documents
- Illustration / Decorations on TV shows or movies
- Creation of derivative products (Extended license)
1. Time Savings
Fotolia services will save you time, as you are much more likely to find what you need quickly. A savings in time translates into saving money.
2. Clear Licensing Agreement
One hazard of being a designer is learning about copyright laws, restrictions and licenses. On the free photo sites, you have to read the fine print for each and every photo you use. Some photographs come with no restrictions, some are only for non-commercial use and some require the name of the photographer. You don’t have to deal with this headache on Fotolia. The licensing agreement will be the same for all photos in the license category you select, which is typically a standard royalty-free license.
3. Availability of Vector Art and Illustrations
Fotolia offers a wide variety of vector art and illustrations. Illustrated graphics can give a course a completely unique look and feel. Vector art refers to graphics that are hand drawn in a tool like Adobe Illustrator. Because they exist as mathematical renderings, they can be expanded to any size and manipulated in a vector graphics program.
4. Compelling Images
You can find photos based on a concept, emotion or theme. You can find people doing interesting things and simple single objects that are ready to use.
5. Guaranteed Model Releases
You need the signed release of a model to use his or her photo. Model releases are guaranteed with a paid service. This is not true on a free site. That’s why I never use photographs of a person from a free service.
6. More Efficient Search
There’s nothing like typing in the search term ‘money’ and getting back photos of the Eiffel tower. This kind of poor search functionality is common on some free photo sites. On the other hand, efficient search functionality is one of the foundations of Fotolia. Fotolia has staff to tag their photos with keywords, so the results are usually more accurate. The keywords are also translated in many languages.
7. Supports The Arts
The world would only be shades of gray without the Arts. By paying for images, you’re helping photographers and illustrators earn a living. We need them.
8. Reduces Stress
When you can quickly find the graphics you like and need, it reduces your level of stress. And we all need that.
Similar to the music or film industry, we believe that every artist's (photographers and designers) image is a work of the soul and protected by intellectual property rights.
Fotolia is convinced that the principle reason for illegal pirated use of protected images is mainly due to the high price barrier created by other agencies.
Fotolia provides a compromise between photographers and buyers, by protecting a photographer's intellectual property rights and offering high commissions, while legally lowering the price barrier so that everyone may enjoy/afford these beautiful images.
In addition, Fotolia challenges the traditional closed agency model by offering the opportunity to monetize their talents to everyone, hobbyist or professional, whatever their fame, status, or size of portfolio may be.
Thanks to a collaborative online model, Fotolia is able to offer individuals and professionals (advertising agencies, press, small business, graphic artists, designers) the greatest image collection in the world for free or as little as $0.75.
Fotolia is the first worldwide social marketplace for royalty free stock images, allowing individuals and professionals to legally buy and share stock images and illustrations.
Fotolia offers the largest image bank of free and affordable royalty free photos and illustrations perfect for any medium, web or print.
Photographers and designers constantly update Fotolia with thousands of new photos and illustrations each day, while photographers and designers receive commission from each photo sold and revenue from advertising on the free section.
Credits are Fotolia's form of currency. Credits are used to buy images on the website. (Credit from $0.75)
Image prices are given in credits; the price depends on the size and use of the purchased image. Image prices are from:
Fotolia subscriptions allow you to download between 25 and 250 images a day during the period of your subscription.
Images downloaded using the subscription system are equal to the L size (4MP). The subscriptions are offered from:
Fotolia North America
photographs, royalty free, organise photos, sell photos, buy photos, rights managed, fotolia, photolia, image bank, imagebank, illustration, graphic arts, designers, photographers, stock photography, stock photos, microstock.